Monday, September 25, 2006

Blessings of Music

I sometimes use music to encourage the children to get out of their beds and head for the chores list. One day last week, I put in a cd by Janice Smith. It's songs from her children's series, Janice's Attic. I knew the children would recognize some of the songs and enjoy it. What I didn't realize is how much it would bless me as well.

All of these kids songs have such simple messages, but are put beautifully to music in a way that children enjoy. Simple songs about persevering (boy did I need that one) and having a good attitude. Pretty soon, I realized that choosing that cd that day was the best thing that I could have done to remind me of the simple truths of God's love and His desire to give me a more abundant life. Praise the Lord for those who minister to children! God says they have their reward, and I believe that! I'm also grateful that the people who minister to children can also minister to us stubborn adults, if we'll just take the time to listen and humble our hearts.

No comments: