Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My latest read

The latest book I've read is "Romancing Your Husband," by Debra White Smith. There is a companion book of course called "Romancing Your Wife."

I was really impressed with the solid Biblical foundation for Debra's writing and how open she was about the topics.

Debra points out various things that can happen to Christian couples that take the romance out of their marriages, including past abuse and hurts. Her sensitivity comes through being there and knowing what it is like to overcome abuse and pain.

The most wonderful part about the book is what Karl said. When he read the title, he said I could have written the book. Of course, he was only teasing, but he made his point. I do enjoy romancing my husband.

Has it always been this way? Unfortunately the answer is no. Like Debra White Smith, I also had to overcome some past abuse and manipulation before I could say that consistently I enjoyed romancing my husband.

The good news is that God is faithful. He wants revival in more than just our churches. He wants revival in our hearts, in our homes and in our marriages. Give God an opportunity to start reviving your relationships and you just might be amazed.

1 comment:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Do they have a book, "romancing your cat?"