Monday, May 29, 2006

Reorganization??

Here is where we are at.

I said I was planning on shutting down my blog, because I no longer wanted to drag my Savior's name through the dirt that seemed to be following me.

Some of you personally, through email, or by posting a comment have said you would hate to see that happen.

I did get an apology from the person who has left attacking comments on my blog, which I accept because I believe she was sincere.

I still think the blog needs to go, but perhaps, just the old ways of doing things.

Thus far, I have not enabled any of the moderation tricks that you can do with blogger. I believe in free speech and have not wanted to decide whose comments get posted and whose do not.

If you disagree with me, you have a right to speak up and say so. However, personal attacks are not free speech. So, how about we continue to let people comment whatever their opinion is as long as it is based on the post itself. If personal attacks from anyone continue, I'll have to resort to doing the moderation thing or shutting it down. Fair enough?

Again, it's okay to disagree with me.

Free speech!

3 comments:

Marcel said...

Sharon,

Fair enough. :)

Hey, I just got caught up on the little fiasco, and I agree with everyone that your blog should remain. Remember as well that you have a virtual community of believers to support and uplift you. I don't know you from Adam, but like to read your posts for your perspective as a Christian mother who speaks from the heart, is real, and has a great sense of humor. I can learn from you. You have much to offer through your medium. And take this for what it's worth: process your feelings by continuing to write whatever you feel inside. It will help filter out the negative and remove any resentment. In the meantime, we'll go along for the ride. :)

Peace,
Marcel

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon,

I'm so glad you've decided to keep your blog! I'm not a letter writer and it's hard to keep in touch when that's the case. Through yours and Steve's blogs I feel we've been able to keep in contact somewhat. I wouldn't want to lose that. Thanks for giving it another shot!

Doreen

Trailady said...

Again, I would encourage you to keep your blog. A mother needs somewhere to express her thoughts!!
You will get some negative stuff from time to time. Rise above it and keep going.
I have the same free speech policy on my blog- however, I don't allow flames- or personal insult type stuff.
The point is to have fun and express yourself.