Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Floating

I'm in a floating situation right now. Wherever there is a need, that is where Sharon is sent. So far, I've worked in pediatrics, internal medicine, wound care, urology and soon an ENT office. It's definitely been an interesting experience and quite fun.

I suppose I'll get tired of the wandering around after a while and it will be about then that they'll find a permanent home for me. I've noticed several things the past two and half weeks. For instance, not every office is the same and not every doctor is the same. The doctor/nurse/officer coordinator relationship is different in each office. In some offices, I do it all and in others the nurse does it all and in still others, it's a well oiled machine, where the doctors, nurses and office staff all work together almost as if they can read each others' minds.

One doctor asked me today if I liked working in urology; if it was okay or not. I told him it was actually very interesting and it's not so much the field of medicine as it is the atmosphere of the office. I've been greatly blessed to be in some very healing and healthy offices. At the pediatrics office (maybe there is a clue here) several of the staff members went to the playground for lunch. We got our meals from the cafeteria and took it to the park. We ate, let it settle for a bit while we went one lap on the walking/jogging track (yes we only walked) and then we played our little hearts out. I really needed that, more than I could ever explain. Pediatrics is a busy and fast paced office, but it's doable because of the fun and friendliness of the staff.

It's also been interesting to see the needs for prayer. People are hurting everywhere, from the patients to the staff members. I pray that God can use me to bring some sunshine and to cheer up someone who is going through a rough time, because I've been there.

I guess that's why the book of Hebrews makes the point over and over again that Jesus became human in order that we might be understood and saved. He's been here and He knows how to help us.

2 comments:

Fallen Angel said...

Hi Sharon,
Its been awhile. Hope you all are doing well. You are just about the only Adventist I ever want to talk to, so if you could, could you explain this to me

http://adventistsnotcult.blogspot.com/

that is if you even know anything about it. It sounds to me like some disgruntled-ellen-white-fan trying to make some point, but its really hard to determine the point. Apparently, I'm one of the new targets to try and save.

I would appreciate it if you could explain it to me. I know you are busy working and everything. Not trying to bother you, just curious that all.

I also was wondering if you and Karl are planning on coming to Alunmi this next year (2009).

Roseuvsharon said...

Fallenangel,

I understand about what point they are trying to make. It wasn't always clear, was it?

You would have to strip away the sarcasm, links to unrelated events/places and so forth to really get to the heart of the matter.

I found it very interesting that the blog seemed to make a big deal about fiction books/productions. It seemed to me the blog on Cadillac Jack's had just as much fiction in it as it did truth. If that's the case, it's just another round of the pot calling the kettle black.

I won't say more because I haven't read more than three posts from this blog, but what I saw definitely shows these people are trying to make a point.

I would have one suggestion for them though; be open to the possibility that not everyone understands where they are coming from (can we say duh!) and therefore may grossly misinterpret their sarcasm (Southern Gay University for example).