Thursday, August 3, 2006

on being a woman

So, Deb wanted to know why I haven't been writing.

Well, I've been in survival mode. If you are a man or just plain sensitive to things like this, maybe you don't want to read anymore.

Sometimes being a woman isn't all it's cracked up to be! I only pray that since my mom and sister and other women in my family have just as many if not more problems than I do (and several hysterectomies to prove it), that Greta won't get our defective gene and grow up resenting being a woman.

It appears that for the most part, I have recovered, until next month when once again I will feel like I'm in labor again. I'm done having kids, but it seems my body wants to put me through horrendous pain every month. But there is hope. In heaven, I'll have a new body.

I think Jesus knew exactly what He was doing when He compared the second coming to a woman in labor. It's awful, but the rewards are beautiful.

5 comments:

Trailady said...

Hear you loud and clear. Sorry you are suffering so! Similar problems run in my family and if/when I begin to encounter them, I will waste NO time in getting myself to the hospital and having a certain organ taken out- no qualms about it. Life is too short to drag out our days with that nonsense- insurance or not. My mother and her sisters suffered for years, then finally had a hysterectomy. For the last 20 yrs they continually mention that it was the BEST thing they ever did.

You probably know this, but regular, vigorous exercise balances female hormones and often helps lighten/regulate the cycle. That's how I manage...

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Roseuvsharon said...

Exercise helps some, but not much in my case. Don't know why.

Thanks for the info and well wishes.

Trailady said...

Hey Rose,

If exercise doesn't seem to lesson the symptoms any, then my guess is that your condition is more severe, such as endometriosis, or fibroids cysts, scar tissue connecting your uterus to the bladder or bowl, a prolapsed uterus or something... Again, I know it's not a pleasant thought, but if possible, a hysterectomy is a good fix.
There are some herbs that are good for the feminine organs. Red Rasberry tea & capsules are good. Perhaps your Estrogen is too low or high? Have your hormones been tested? Sometimes pregnancy can throw them off. If your estrogen is low, you may want to try Black or Blue Cohosh, but consult someone who knows these herbs who can tell you how to use them.

These are just some more possible causes that I came up with. Seriously though, whatever it is I hope it gets better so you can get on with your life.

David said...

Definitely out of my league. Sorry I can't help! We look for a new heaven and a new earth.

Roseuvsharon said...

the Liver!

Going back through the medical memories in my mind, it seems that one more naturopathic type doc said my ovary probs would be solved if my liver got the nutritional support it needed. It's been many year, but perhaps I need to go back to the treatment program that doc gave me.