Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Music and Water

I'm ashamed that it's been so long since my last posting. Alas, the "busy" of life has overwhelmed me as of late.

The boys have their first music recital this weekend. Michael is playing his solo piece on the piano, as well as the duet with his teacher of "Coming Round the Mountain" with another student playing the banjo. It's a great piece. Matthew is playing his solo on the piano as well as his "original composition" of a piece in a minor key about Jesus dying on the cross. Of course, it is only about 3 measures long, but he's only 4 years old, so his teacher wants to give him credit for those 3 measures!

Family is coming from out of state for the recital, and the baptism. Michael, some weeks back, went to the pastor and said, "may I please speak with you at length in the library." The pastor told us later that it was like talking to a small adult. Oh well, that's Michael and we love it! He requested baptism, and then the pastor found out what we had been doing in homeschool, and realized that Michael was pretty much ready for baptism. Since that time, we have reminded Michael over and over that it's not about how many correct answers you get or how good you are, but it's about committing your life to Jesus because you love Him.

So, we are very busy this weekend, and leading up to this weekend. I've made invitations for the recital and am completing the programs for that night. We are a little overwhelmed with all that needs to be done, but praising the Lord for His blessings!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Give Michael a big hug from our family!! Enjoy this special time!
Love, Jess

Tenryu said...

How ironic, as I have been spending no small amount of time going over the Bible- I'm a Buddhist, if I had to put a label on myself, but got burned by a church I came to learn was nowhere near the actual teachings of Jesus. Though I'm still a skeptic,(not a nonbeliever- that requires faith, something I am noticeably lacking in) I think that the Church has much to offer even an agnostic old bear like me. Thanks so much for that insight, it is much appreciated!!

The SSP said...

Hi Sharon,

This is Doreen using Steve's name. What a milestone for Michael AND for his parents. Let Michael know we're happy for him and praying for him. The recitals sound like fun! How did that go? Did you get it recorded somehow? Hope you had a fun and blessed weekend!

Doreen

Roseuvsharon said...

For those of you who know Michael, I was "holding my breath" during the baptism. I knew this was the decision he wanted to make (after all, he sought out the pastor to talk to him without even telling us first), but I also know how nervous he gets about things that are different/unusual. I remember witnessing a baptism where the woman was afraid of water. Really, diagnosed with that phobia. The poor woman wanted to be baptized by immersion, but her fear of water overcame her at the last moment.
So, I was grateful that Michael trusted the pastor and went through with his decision.
Yes, we did get a recording of it, and we'll see what we can do to get it to those who want it, but it may take a little time.