Friday, February 3, 2006

Lippizan

Yesterday, we were very blessed to see some of the White Stallions of Lippizan performing. It was nice to hear European words pronounced almost correctly. Such as Dressage and Levade. I learned a lot about true horsemanship and was greatly enjoying the program. These horses and riders train many hours to perform their maneuvers and show their strength. It's amazing, to think you are in an arena full of stallions, and they are getting along and doing their job. Amazing!

There was one stallion, though, who didn't quite cooperate with his entire routine. Nothing major, but we noticed that after the matinee program was over, the head rider brought him out again and was going over the routine again, before their next program that evening.

Also interesting was the music. They used all classical music, except for one big band/swing number. The music was gorgeous. The horses were well trained and the riders were excellent, doing their job of making it look effortless. There were no flashing lights. No free t shirts shot up into the crowd. However, one family behind us couldn't handle the program. Overheard was, I never listen to classical music, I can't stand this.

Is that truly the case? Could it possibly be more of training? Have I trained myself to only be entertained by loud music, flashing lights and gesticulating body parts? Just a thought. If Jesus came on a white stallion, would we be disappointed, because it wasn't with flashing lights, loud music and free t shirts shot up into the crowd?

4 comments:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

My best friend of Junior High loved Lippizans and years ago we went to see a show of them. Notice on my blog I have a question that begged for mentioning the rose of Sharon. I'll keep your page.

Trailady said...

Not everyone has been raised in such a way as to be properly introduced to Classical music. To many it's boring elevator music only used at funerals. Others simply don't have an ear to appreciate it. I'm a big fan of Classical- it makes up about %75 of my music collection. If they came out riding to Metallica, some people would like it and others would get up and leave. To each their own I guess... I'm a bigtime horse person and I've NEVER seen the Lippizaners! Isn't that sad!! Glad you got to enjoy the show. :o)

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

To you rose, and trailady...

I am a finite creature. I don't have internet at home, just an airport card, so I have only the time I get at a coffee shop. I'm on the computer a couple hours and my eyes and mind want to quit.

Yet, here is this wealth(!) of people sharing themselves, perhaps through a concealed identity, which is fine, but an ocean of people and their words. I am so frustrated, but here I am trying to go back to my fav pages. I envy trailady just for her voracious and passionate attempt to get to so many sites.

About your dad. Here is how God enabled me to mourn the loss of a loved one, and finally get beyond after three years:

I made a creative memories collection of him. I put everything in there - cards and pictures, etc. and the embellishments made it feel like I was honroing him. I kept mourning and mourning. I had a vision of him in heaven that was very real. Finally, I went to Walmart and bought some stuff, came home and found the perfect sympathy card in my stuff. I'd never been to the cards, never saw the card even being rung up. It was the most amazing miracle.

It was after that I stopped the heavy grieving. God has His ways.

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt care if Jesus came riding on a stick horse and playing a harmonica. As long as its him coming for me, thats all I want.