Wednesday, December 12, 2007

That's Obvious

Michael is in that stage where it is just gross to see his parents affectionate toward one another. I'm sure he'll get used to it one of these days, but in the meantime he runs when Karl gives me a kiss.
One day, Karl said, Michael do you know that I love your mother? Michael's response was "That's obvious." I was so happy to know that it was obvious to our children that we loved each other. Karl asks me on a regular basis if I like surprises and it's been wonderful to come home and be surprised by his thoughtfulness. The children are practically jumping up and down waiting for me to find the surprise.

As I deal with situations at work and elsewhere, I find myself wondering if it's obvious that I love people and want to help them. Is it obvious that I'm a Christian? Is it obvious that I'm someone who keeps my promises?

Yep, I've decided, I want it to be obvious.

No comments: