Saturday, October 27, 2007

Changes

Well, there have been some changes in our lives recently. With the move came the understanding that I would be trying to find a good job. Well, it looks like that prayer has been answered.

I started working as a receptionist for a doctor last week. She's an OB GYN and really cares about her patients.

I teased my kids yesterday and told them I had gone to the hospital. Since I had struggled with a virus and allergies since we moved to East Texas, my oldest was concerned. He wanted to know if I was okay. I laughed and told Michael I was fine and that I had actually gone to the hospital cafeteria to have lunch with a friend from church and her husband. Elaine works at a doc's office in the hospital and put in a good word for me to get the job I have.

My first two days at the office, Karl was out of town. That meant dropping off the boys at a friend's house before school and picking them up there after work and my 30 minute commute. It made for a very long two days. However, when my sweetie got home, he had many wonderful surprises that he brought with him and I was overjoyed.

It will be interesting to see how things change around the house. Since Karl works mostly from home, he'll be taking the boys to school, picking them up and handling all of the parent teacher conferences and stuff like that. He'll also have to rearrange the chores some. It will definitely be interesting as the family makes this adjustment.

The one thing I cherish right now is God's grace and peace. While I would like to have found only a part time job instead of full time and one that was closer to home, I know that God will sustain me and meet the family's needs. I praise God for His grace and peace.

4 comments:

Fallen Angel said...

Congrats and good luck with the new job.

Trailady said...

Wow- that is a BIG change. You've put in your time as a stay-home. I know it's tough to transition, but I also know that you love to work and are very good at it. I am happy AND a little sad for you during this time of changes.

Roseuvsharon said...

Thanks ladies. Glad you came by.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I second what these ladies said. You are very good at whatever you set your mind/heart on because you allow God to lead. I hope you enjoy what you're doing!

Doreen