Monday, February 12, 2007

Retreat

I got away to a Women's Retreat this past weekend. Wonderful. Incredible. It was just what I needed and an answer to prayer.

I came home even more encouraged and ready to do whatever task lies at my door, especially encouraging and supporting my husband in all that he does.

God is good. I've been strengthened to come back and be all that my family needs me to be and all that I long to be.

I think there is a reason why God says come apart for a while and be refreshed. I was refreshed. My husband could tell when I got home that I have been refreshed.

Some negative people had tried to get me down because of my age. It's true I'm only in my thirties, but that doesn't mean that I don't have anything to say or share. This retreat showed me that I was valued. I had a chance to say and a chance to share for God's glory.

There's nothing like the feeling of knowing that God can use you, defects and all, to bring Glory to Him. It's an incredible and wonderful feeling that people had been trying to steal from me.

I won't let anyone try to steal it again. Your own special relationship with God is worth hanging on to, no matter what other Christians say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen women, yes women that are 15, 16, 17 years old that have more life experience and are wiser than some senior citizens I know. These young girls were better parents, better problem solvers, and better people. Age is a number, thats all. And people are threatened by youth. There's always a reason behind a reaction. Usually an issue.

Don't let anyone steal your sunshine.

Barb

Roseuvsharon said...

Thanks for the word of encouragement Barb.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad you were so encouraged!