Friday, January 12, 2007

Well Done

My kids got a Veggie Tales DVD for Christmas fron their aunt & uncle. This one is about Gideon Tuba Warrior. Of course my Tuba Torquing Husband loves it!

In one scene Gideon tells the angel he was hoping the message from God would be something like 'well done good servant' not 'I want you to fight the enemy that greatly outnumbers you' so the angel simply says 'if you want to hear God say well done, then you need to do what He asks.'

God sure knows how to nail me, and with a kids video! Anybody else wanting to hear 'well done?' Then I guess we better get busy and do what He asks. I think Micah 6:8 is a good place to start.

4 comments:

The SSP said...

Tuba Torquing - Waaaa ha, ha, ha, ha! Now that is not a phrase I have heard in a long, LONG time! Ah - it brings back to my mind a flood of fun memories.

Thanks for the chuckle and mental smile by just typing 2 simple words in your journal! :)

David said...

"Well done" is what we all want to hear. And "This is my beloved child, in whom I am well pleased." As with Jesus, it doesn't come by accident. Micah 6:8 really boils it down nicely.

What is tuba torquing?

Roseuvsharon said...

I was wondering how many would remember the Tuba Torquing (anyone can play the tuba, but to play it with power and finesse requires a tuba torquer).

I'm chuckling at some of the memories as well, like the paper Karl wrote for Dr. Wooley's class that got shared with the whole band.

Well, Karl's Tuba Torquing days aren't over yet. We've joined a local community band and Karl is the only tuba player. He thought he would be horrible, because it's been years since he's played a quality tuba, but within a few minutes, the old tuba torquing days of college are back!

Trailady said...

God speaks in so many ways. I love it!

Glad to hear you are involved in your community band. I'm sure Karl is sounding better than ever- they say it's like riding a bike... :o)