Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ozark a Moverin

You've got to love kids!

There is so much we can learn from them, if we just take the time. The Lord is helping me to take more time nowadays and learn from my kids.

So, my four year old, Matthew, loves music. I think it is his first language. English comes 2nd, as this story will show. One of the kids' favorite songs is Joshua fought the battle of Jericho. The love it! We happen to have this one recording of it on a CD by a male quartet that did a whole "gospel" type album. Another song on there is the Old Ark's a Moverin' (and I'm goin' home).

The last day or two, Matthew has been going around singing "Ozark a moverin, Ozark a Moverin." It was just too adorable. I couldn't believe it. Since we live in the Ozarks, he hears that word a lot. Bank of the Ozarks. Ozark National Forest. Ozark this and Ozark that. Since he hears that so often, I suppose he just thought that's what the words to the song were.

It made me wonder, how many times do we put what we are already familiar with into new things that we are hearing? Do we ever get it wrong because we didn't hear the words quite right? What are we doing to make sure our words are heard correctly?

Thanks, Lord, for another lesson out of the mouths of babes.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Ozark a moverin...ha ha ha hah how did i miss this post? That is too cute!

Love you!