Friday, August 24, 2007

Trains

Life is interesting. I have no fear of being bored at the present moment. Unpacking a family of five into a house that is about 300 square feet smaller than our last home is certainly not boring.

We are enjoying the small East Texas town we have moved to and the friendliness of the community and our church family. Everyone has been wonderful and we have been greatly blessed. That is an understatement. I wouldn't know where to start in recounting the blessings, but there were many.

Our greatest challenge right now is living within sight of a railroad track. We've been told that after a week or so you get used to it. Well, I hope that does indeed happen because currently it is hard to sleep sometimes when a train blares numerous times in the middle of the night. In addition to this, a certain four year old girl is absolutely terrified by the trains and is very difficult to comfort. We have been awakened numerous times the past week by Greta sobbing saying she heard a train and it scared her.

My father-in-law did some research and said there are railroad tracks on three sides of us. It's no wonder we hear so many trains! Hopefully we will get used to it soon, especially Greta.

Despite the trains and having to adjust to a smaller home, we are thrilled to be here. I'll share more when I'm not staring at tons of boxes and still trying to keep my eyes open, but I know God has blessed.

1 comment:

Ed Kirk said...

Glad you're having an interesting time. I'm having severe boredom issues right now. As for the railroad; my mother told us stories about living in a house near a railroad. She didn't care for it, but I imagine it does get easier. Best of luck.