Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Matthew and Ruby

This is my little man, Matthew. He is five years old and doesn't hesitate to say when he sees an awesome car, like he did the day this picture was taken. The lady who owned the car thought this little kid in camoflauge clothes who was talking about how cool this car was and how he wished he had one was just too adorable, so she had to take a picture of Matthew with the car. She told us the car's name is Ruby, which happens to be one of Matthew's favorite gemstones (sapphires are his absolute favorite because they are often blue), as most kids his age go bug eyed for hidden treasures.
Matthew's reaction to the car was natural, and we ended up with a cute photo and story. What are your natural reactions? Do they include compliments, encouragement, acts of kindness and compassion?
One of the natural reactions I'm struggling with right now is frustration when my husband can't remember something I recently told him. Well, at least I know what I need to pray about!

4 comments:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Cute kid!

Anonymous said...

Very cute.
I think he looks like his grampa.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me, sorry I forgot to put my name.

Barb

Trailady said...

Matthew is REALLY growing up!!! It never ceases to amaze me how boys are more drawn to inanimate objects while girls prefer cute & furry things... :o)