Sunday, July 9, 2006

Wee Wee

Yes, we are at that stage in adult life where you have to revert back to the words of yesteryears. For some reason, even though our children communicate with words such as actually (the 4 year old's favorite) and absolutely (the 3 year old's favorite), when it comes to bathroom words, the old wee wee and pee pee seem to do the trick.

So here we are again, third time around. Greta is in training, potty training that is. And it is back to the words wee wee and pee pee and potty because they are the ones easiest to say and say quickly (the quickly is very important in the early days of potty training).

Sometimes, we forget where we are when these words come out of our mouths. We had been visiting friends, and Karl and I were trying to load up the family in order for us to leave and go back home. I was gathering up our personal items and called out to Karl in the other room and asked him if he could take Greta to the potty because she needed to at least try and go wee wee before we left. When thinking about it later, it was a little embarrassing to have said those words in front of our friends, but not that much. They are parents too and know what it is like to be in the training stage. Oh well. In all honesty, it doesn't matter that I have to use such monosyllabic words, as long as it helps my daughter.

That's when I realized what Jesus did for us. The Bible says He took the form of a man, so He could save us. Jesus didn't mind the whole universe seeing and hearing Him humbling Himself in order to save us. To Him, it didn't matter, He was interested in saving us, even if He had to use really simple words. He loves us that much.

5 comments:

Trailady said...

Wow, I really loved this, Sharon. Thank you for putting it so well. Very, very nice!!!

Deb said...

Sharon,

How goes the potty training???

Roseuvsharon said...

Deb,

Thanks for asking. The potty training goes well, considering how long it took us to get to this point. However, I will say that having had two boys before this, my little Greta shatters the myth that boys are harder to train than girls. Alas, it seems everyone in my family has to do something different from the norm.

Deb said...

Sharon i commented on my blog about your comment on my blog...not sure if you read all the comments or not...but wanted to say thank you and i love you too! i am doing better...have a better attitude...and am just going to submitt to the dr voodoo's for a bit longer. Then i will declare myself well and be done with it. :)

Unknown said...

Sharon,
It is interesting the lessons God can teaches us thru simple, everyday occurances. He wasn't ashamed to take on our humanity, to reach down and save us while we were yet sinners. The Love of God is truely amazing!
Take care and don't work too hard!!!
Jess
(now I know who to go to for potty training advice when I have kids of my own!!!!)