Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Eloping

It kind of came on sudden, but they did stop and ask a couple of family members if they could have their blessing on their desire to get married. So, I suppose it wasn't a true eloping, but still, it has been sudden and a bit of a whirlwind.

They went to another state and got a marriage license and blood tests. Came back and told everyone their plans and then they were supposed to go back to that same town and get hitched. Haven't heard from them since. Some are a little worried.

Why? Because it's my 80 year old grandmother! She has a few health problems and sometimes can't remember to take her medicine, and she has even taken the wrong medicine in the past. So yeah, a few of us are a little worried. Hopefully, her new husband, (her deceased husband's younger brother) will be able to keep up with it all.

If passion and joy can be revived in the "golden years" surely God can revive that "first love" experience in us. That we will be full of passion and joy to serve Him and tell others of His love.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Okay...Sharon...LOL...um the lady gets two husbands...to my...let me count here.....ready....um ZIP ZERO NADA husbands....how is this fair?

I am sure you've not heard from her and she's happily honeymooning....okay...grandparents don't do the va va voom....and if they do...um...i don't wanna think about it!

Bekki said...

Hi, I just found your blog, and wanted to let you know it is nice to find another homeschooling adventist mommy!
I know this post wasn't supposed to be funny, but it sure had me giggling!

Marcel said...

Are non-adventist home-schooling mommies allowed to comment? ;) Ok, milk just squirted out my nose thanks to your hilarious post. Consider yourself blog-rolled on my page. "...Hopefully, her new husband, (her deceased husband's younger brother) will be able to keep up with it all."

ROTFL

Roseuvsharon said...

Glad everyone is enjoying this story. Had a chance to visit recently with my Grandma and "uncle grandpa." They are a cute little pair and I know they are going to be happy together!

They like to go places. Boy do they like to go places. So they will be wearing out the tires on his little travel trailer.

Praise the Lord!

David said...

It does make us hopeful for that first love with God.